The City of Monterey Park 6th Cycle Housing Element Draft is available for public review.
Please share your feedback by emailing MPKHousingUpdate@montereypark.ca.gov. We kindly request your comments by December 6, 2021.
The Housing Element includes the following sections:
- Chapter 1 Introduction: A brief overview of the purpose and background for the Housing Element.
- Chapter 2 Housing Needs Assessment: An assessment of Monterey Park’s demographic and housing market characteristics and their correlation to housing needs in the community.
- Chapter 3 Housing Constraints Analysis: Various market, governmental, and environmental constraints in the city and their impact on the development and preservation of housing in Monterey Park.
- Chapter 4 Housing Resources: An inventory of land, financial, and administrative resources available to facilitate housing development in Monterey Park.
- Chapter 5 Housing Plan: Describes the City’s proposed objectives and implementation actions over the next eight years in addressing the housing needs of the community and complying with State law.
- Appendix A Community Engagement: Includes community engagement materials utilized to encourage public participation in the Housing Element update process.
- Appendix B Housing Sites Inventory: Identifies properties that are suitable to meet the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA).
- Appendix C Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing: Provides an assessment of fair housing.